Opportunity Type: Employment (Full-time)
Location: Message South Africa L&E Centre, Mowbray, Cape Town
Closing Date: 15 July 2021
Start Date: 1 August 2021
Responsible to: Chief Operating Officer
The Message Trust is a worldwide movement passionate about sharing the love of Jesus Christ with the hardest-to-reach young people in words and deeds. In schools, communities, on stages and in prisons you’ll find us giving hope to the next generation by sharing the gospel with them. Each and every day we see lives transformed as people discover their true identity.
The Office Manager serves a critical finance and administrative function as part of the Message Operations Team. This post serves as the point of contact between our external accounting support and the Message leadership team. Additionally, the Office Manager will facilitate our donor care strategy as well as managing our building and other resources. The post holder will oversee a small team of staff involved in administrative and building maintenance work.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Financial Administration (Message and Gangstar)
- Oversee payment system and ensure all authorisations are obtained for invoices received.
- Load authorized payments on the banking system to ensure no late payments.
- Pay any debt as it comes due for payment.
- Issue invoices to customers, follow up and notify the Exec of outstanding amounts.
- Add new beneficiaries and collections on Nedbank system.
- Monitor collections batches and renew when expired.
- Review expense claims and prepare for reimbursement.
- Prepare spreadsheets to convert US and UK funds into rand before capturing onto system.
- Prepare volunteer spreadsheets.
- Capture and record all UK and US journals.
- Provide all documentation and oversee communication with our external Account Manager.
- Prepare monthly payroll spreadsheet.
- Liaise with department/project leaders relating to reports, events and petty cash needs.
- Provide income and fundraising reports.
- Perform all banking duties as required.
- Liaise with Message UK and US finance department.
- Tag and monitor fixed assets.
- Oversee/maintain the petty cash fund.
- Document and oversee internal controls.
2. Database Management and donor care
- Assist in the development and implementation of our donor care strategy.
- Work with the COO to maintain The Message Trust donor care and management system (Salesforce)
- Prepare and send thank you letters, distribute annual report and Section 18A certificates to all donors
- Utilise Salesforce to provide fundraising support to all Message staff for events, donor leads and grant funding applications.
- Provide monthly donor care reports to the COO.
3. Building management and administration
- Manage building access including keyholders, security etc.
- Maintain and manage Message merchandise and promotional material.
- Oversee the buildings and resource team (cleaning and maintenance staff) and junior administrative staff.
- Manage all internal bookings of The Message facilities.
- Manage relationship with external service providers relating to activities at the Message Leadership & Enterprise Centre (alarm, pest control, etc.)
- Serve as our POPI and Child Protection Officer.
- Document management and filing for all Message partnership, lease, building, vehicle (etc.) documentation.
4. Other responsibilities
- Assist the Executive Team of the Message Trust to deliver high standard successful key organisation fundraising events which are Message Night, Urban Heroes, Triple Challenge and Be a Hero campaign (Monthly Donors campaign).
- Provide support for all Message staff events such as: prayer days, Christmas functions, staff celebrations, annual retreats/planning events.
- Provide a monthly report form to COO and CEO on the 25th of each month for the previous month activities.
- Attend weekly devotions and staff meeting.
- Attend monthly prayer day.
- Full driver license holder
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Teams, and other Microsoft Office products
- Ability to use considerable judgement, initiative and independence.
- Excellent communication with team members and external stakeholders.
- Previous experience in financial administration.
- Ability to time manage and work on multiple projects.
- Mature and levelheaded, able to make informed and good decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to articulate Message Trust mission and goals to diverse stakeholders.
- Able to make decisions when required.
- A team player willing to serve, communicate and support the extended team.
- Networking, influencing/promotional and negotiating skills. Strong self-motivation.
- Able to work cross-culturally and adapt to diverse and difficult environments.
- A “hands-on” attitude, able to roll-up sleeves and pitch-in with practical task delivery.
- Track record in fundraising and networking.
- Able to handle confidential information appropriately
- Able to take constructive criticism
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Respect for authority
- Absolute discretion with members of the opposite sex
To Apply: Send your CV and Motivational letter to email@example.com
Please quote ‘NGOConnectSA’ as your source for this post.