Opportunity Type: Employment
Closing Date: 15 July 2021
Location: Message South Africa L&E Centre, Mowbray, Cape Town
Salary: B3 (Negotiable)
Start Date: 1st July 2021
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
The Message Trust is a worldwide movement passionate about sharing the love of Jesus Christ with the hardest-to-reach young people in words and deeds. In schools, communities, on stages and in prisons you’ll find us giving hope to the next generation by sharing the gospel with them. Each and every day we see lives transformed as people discover their true identity.
Working closely with the Chief Operations Officer (COO), the Communications Coordinator is responsible for the planning and execution of all communications, including websites, newsletters, social media, event marketing and other print and electronic communications. The Communications Coordinator is responsible for all image management and branding consistency for the organization (including Gangstar Café) ensuring that we are communicating effectively to different audiences. The Communications Coordinator will support our various departments and streams, and also provide support to our fundraising activities and events.
In order to accomplish this, the Communications Coordinator will oversee the relationship/contracts with creative design/developers service providers.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement an integrated communication strategy to enhance the organisation’s brand and its associated/sub ministries internally and externally.
- Develop and manage content across all The Message Trust digital and social media platforms.
- To lead the editorial and design aspects of all Message publications from design to print to the highest quality and standards by working closely with printers, designers, video/photographers and other sources of production in delivery of items on time and in budget. This includes:
– Flyers, Monthly Newsletter, Annual Report, Brochures etc.
– Postal/digital mailings, print jobs, video, and web work.
- Maintain and update Communication policies and procedures for The Message Trust to provide sound activity management and internal controls, to enable long-term sustainable delivery of communications to the Trust’s overall mission.
- To benchmark and continually improve the creative output for the Message ministries, such that they match or surpass accepted best practice and any statutory expectations (e.g. copyright & data protection laws) where these apply.
- Maintaining a database of photos, case studies and research/evidence, statistics to promote the organisation’s mission.
2. Copywriting and Media
- Oversee and implement monthly blogs for The Message Trust website.
- Proofread all material that is being sent out, including funding proposals, publications, marketing material and social media.
- Project manage our monthly e-newsletter through Salesforce.
- Assist with the annual report.
- Monitor media coverage and develop positive ongoing relations with the media working with the Chief Operations Officer and Chief Executive Officer to identify and select those we wish to pursue by writing press releases, organising press calls and also responding to media enquiries.
3. Other responsibilities
- Develop and implement communications strategy for all major Message events (Prayer Days, Vision Night, Urban Heroes and centrally managed fundraisers).
- Liaise with our outsourced partners on all our communications work.
- Work and be the contact person for all our suppliers (printers, videographers, graphic design).
4. General responsibilities:
- Provide a monthly report form to COO and CEO on the 25th of each month for the previous month activities.
- Attend weekly devotions and staff meeting.
- Attend monthly prayer day.
- Full driver license holder (important for visiting Message hubs and sites for content)
- Strong skills in written communications, to include writing reports, corresponding with key stakeholders, issuing press releases, editing blogs, and writing grant applications.
- Ability to harness social media and other forms of digital communication proactively to raise awareness and conduct campaigns. Experience using Facebook, Twitter and Instagram is essential.
- Ability to produce cutting-edge functional design for print and web across a range of brands and for a variety of target audiences.
- Excellent command of written English and a sound understanding of editorial best practices.
- Good attention to detail and relevant management experience of leading a creative team.
- Able to handle confidential information appropriately
- Able to take constructive criticism
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Respect for authority
- Absolute discretion with members of the opposite sex
- Able to show evidence of possessing the following skills:
– Ability to follow and carry out set tasks/assignments,
– Maintain/continue established working practice
– Ability to initiate within pre-set parameters
– Ability to relate to groups of differing ability, age and culture. – Able to adapt quickly and take responsibility when required to
TO APPLY: Send your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote ‘NGOConnectSA’ as your source of the post.