Opportunity Type: Employment
Closing Date: 30 July 2021
Location: Port Elizabeth
PROTEC is a non-profit that provides holistic, high quality education and career support programme development in the fields of Mathematics, Science and Technology, as well as life skills training.
PROTEC (Programme for Technological Careers) is a national independent NGO that was established in 1982 by a group of concerned engineers from the South African Institute of Civil Engineers.
The programme launched with a group of 67 learners in Soweto with the aim of improving learner results in Mathematics and Physical Sciences, giving them the opportunity to pursue engineering, science and related careers. The early success of the Soweto project soon led to PROTEC’s expansion into a national programme, and later the addition of the teacher support programme.
PROTEC is looking for ambitious, self-driven, experienced and suitably qualified teachers to build our database in the following subjects:
- Physical Science
- Technical Maths
- Technical Science
Applicants must have extensive experience and proven track record in producing excellent results in grade 10, 11 and 12 (Minimum 5 years’ experience). Applicants must be computer literate as the PROTEC environment is technology driven.
- An appropriate, recognized, relevant Bachelors’ degree or equivalent qualification OR university students that have a passion for paying it forward.
- Knowledge of curriculum – CAPS for FET bands.
- Knowledge of Blended Learning/e-Learning approach to teaching and learning.
- Good class presentation skills.
- Good class management skills.
- Communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Curriculum development.
If this is you, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Applications must reside in the PE (Zwide / Kwazwakhele) areas. These candidates will be used on an “as and when the need arises” basis.
Please note that PROTEC is not obliged to accept any of the applicants.