Opportunity Type: Part-time Employment
Location: Cape Town
Closing Date: 12 July 2021
Cape Town Child Welfare is South Africa’s oldest and second-largest child welfare organisation. Since 1908, we have helped over a million children emerge from crisis situations ranging from drug/alcohol abuse, poverty, homelessness and crime, to severe neglect and physical and sexual abuse.
Cape Town Child Welfare Society in Athlone is looking to appoint a qualified Educational Psycholigist. The successful candidate will be a part of a multidisciplinary team providing a service with regard to the care, support, protection and development of vulnerable children.
- A minimum of 5years experience with working with children with behaviour problems or who have experienced trauma
- Able to conduct psychological assessment on these children which will guide social workers towards more effective intervention strategies
- Provide therapeutic group work intervention for these children on a weekly basis
- Provide a monthly progress report which demonstrates impact made
- Provide 1hr training session with social workers per month
- 1yr fixed term contract 60hrs per month
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good self-management and operational skills
- Good planning and organising skills
- Ability to work with a diverse team of professionals
- Good written and communication skills in English and Afrikaans is essential
- Excellent knowledge of the new Child Care Act Ability to function well under pressure
- A valid license
- Computer literate
- Previous experience would be an advantage
Send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com
Please quote ‘NGOConnectSA’ as the source of this post.