FOCUS AREA: National Organisation of and for the Blind/Partially Sighted
TELEPHONE: 011 839 1793
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
DESCRIPTION: Blind SA is a national Disabled People’s Organisation of the blind and for the blind established in 1946.
The vision of Blind SA is to do whatever is conducive to empower visually impaired people to become economically self-supporting and to live a full and meaningful life as citizens of South Africa.
- Advocacy, lobbying and self –representation
- Awareness raising, information dissemination, distribution of information
- Assistive devices: Tatrapoint braille machine, BrailleMe notetaker, Mali-Bhala signature guide and money guide.
- Assistance to learners in mainstream and special schools
- DAISY, audio and braille production in SA’s 11 official languages
- Training in accredited braille, Orientation & Mobility services and skills for daily living.
TWITTER: Blind SA (@BlindSA_NGO)