Opportunity Type: Employment
Closing Date: 10 July 2021
Salary: R22 000 – 25 000 net depending on level of experience.
Sunshine Cinema is a growing non profit & public benefit organisation founded in 2017 focusing on media distribution and youth employment in South Africa, Zimbabwe and Malawi, run by a small team of committed individuals. We run a network of solar powered cinemas led by youth, showcasing African films that spark conversation about key societal issues. We train youth in digital marketing and impact facilitation through our flagship learnership program in collaboration with the University of Cape Town. We host outdoor screening events, celebrating African film and run media training workshops promoting active citizenry.
Preferably based in Cape Town, the Programmes Manager will be responsible for the day to day office, logistics and personnel management, ensuring that all projects run smoothly and productively at Sunshine Cinema. We are looking for a calm, focused and very organised individual who is passionate about youth skills development and using media for impact, and loves building efficient systems and supporting dynamic people in their roles.
Key responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Liaise with project staff and support where required, support team check ins and follow ups to avoid project delays and blockages.
- Develop and maintain an orderly and systematic electronic and manual filing system for all projects in terms of objectives, targets, reporting requirements while working closely with the financial manager on cost control, budgeting, reporting, consultant contracts etc.
- Coordinate logistics for events and workshops both locally for large scale Sunshine Cinema screening events,
- Virtually supporting 30 youth Sunbox ambassadors with their learnership requirements as well as their screening events in rural and peri urban parts of South Africa, Zimbabwe and Malawi (helping them with logistical challenges, venues, partners to collab with, podcast interviewees, weekly check-ins and progress reviews)
- Putting together cost estimates for potential clients & funders in collaboration with the finance manager
- Setting up meetings, organising travel logistics, managing service providers, assisting with staff performance assessments and recruitment
- Assist with the reconciliation of per diems and other travel advances and entry into the electronic claims system
- Management of the general office admin and other operational functions
- Management and support of the intern/trainee team members capturing monitoring and evaluation data for collation for reports and social media communications.
- Patient and comfortable working with young people from diverse backgrounds
- Very strong organizational skills and good at setting their own agenda and managing their time accordingly to ensure achievement of objectives.
- Ability to work independently, pay careful attention to detail and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Very comfortable managing, organising and working with Google Drive, Google Surveys, Google Docs, Dropbox and Microsoft Excel, and or MAC Numbers and Pages.
- Strong self-driven manager with at least 5 years experience
- Comfortable leading a team in a compassionate effective style. Must demonstrate warmth of personality, empathy and approachability in their interpersonal communication style.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and see all the angles for excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to focus on detail and implement effectively, excellent time management skills.
- Experience working in a non profit organisation at an operational level
- Share the vision of the organisation i.e. believe in free expression for all, passion for film industry and youth development, job creation, impact media.
Essential minimum requirements for successful application:
- Preferably a Postgraduate Degree in Project Management, Business or Development Studies or any similar combination of education and experience, but please submit proof thereof.
- Required Languages: Fluency in English (oral and written)— ability to speak at least 1 other Southern African language.
- Legal right to work in South Africa
- Own Laptop to be able to work remotely with fast & reliable internet connection.
- Contactable references
- Experience in MS Office or Mac programmes including spreadsheet knowledge;
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to handle pressure and dynamic to change;
Start Date: Full time from August 1st 2021 on a 1 month probation contract, followed by a 3, 6 and 12 month review. Job availability and salary increase subject to yearly funding availability in the non profit & social enterprise sector.
To Apply: Interested applicants need to send a letter of motivation explaining why they want to work with Sunshine Cinema and how they believe they can best support the organisation, an up to date Curriculum Vitae with 2 contactable work references and proof of qualifications to email@example.com by July 10th 2021.