South African National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence Western Cape
SANCA-WC, a registered Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) founded in 1953, headquartered in Bellville, Cape Town is looking for a Director to lead SANCA-WC to achieve its objective to be the preferred organisation in rendering specialist treatment services for Substance Use Disorders. We render specialist, fully accredited, professional substance use treatment and counselling services. We are intentional to address, educate and treat chemical dependency (alcohol as well as drug dependence) and related social and health challenges in under-resourced and marginalised communities of the Western Cape and Northern Cape, with a focus on the most vulnerable – children, youth and women of childbearing age.
PROFESSIONAL MANAGERIAL DUTIES AND TASKS
- Management (National, Provincial and Local)
- Public Relations
- Financial Management and Fundraising
- Human Resources
- Administrative Functions
- Reporting to Stakeholders
- Continuous Development of Operations and Services
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION
- Have a degree in Social Sciences and or Humanities and registered at the relevant Professional Board/Councilor any other a relevant degree.
- Transparent and high integrity leadership.
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- A history of successfully generating new revenue streams and improving financial results.
- Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Ability to understand and negotiate contracts.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Ability to provide support and provide leadership to staff
- Building interpersonal relationships
- Teamwork / Collaboration
- Conceptual thinking
- Analytical thinking / Problem solving
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Planning and organising / work management
- Organisational awareness
Experience in work within a non-government/non-profit organisation.
Experience in the use of technologies.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIAL AND DETAILS
- Letter of application: Indicating the reason for applying for this position, specifically referring to the responsibilities of the position.
- Curriculum Vitae indicating qualifications and work experience.
- List of three references listed from most recent with telephone numbers, addresses as well as email addresses.
- Application should be sent to Mrs. Reinette Brand of SANCA-WC. The closing date is 00:00 on Friday 10 December 2021.
- Should you have any queries please contact Mrs. Brand via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or call to 021 945 4080.
All Applications will be received via e-mail, and should have the subject line APPLICATION FOR THE DIRECTOR POST 2021 (insert your name and surname).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.